Who is Sarah Palin? Here's some basic background:
How closely did John McCain vet this choice? He met Sarah Palin once at a meeting. They spoke a second time, last Sunday, when he called her about being vice-president. Then he offered her the position.
- She was elected Alaska's governor a little over a year and a half ago. Her previous office was mayor of Wasilla, a small town outside Anchorage. She has no foreign policy experience.
- Palin is strongly anti-choice, opposing abortion even in the case of rape or incest.
- She supported right-wing extremist Pat Buchanan for president in 2000.
- Palin thinks creationism should be taught in public schools.
- She doesn't think humans are the cause of climate change.
- She's solidly in line with John McCain's "Big Oil first" energy policy. She's pushed hard for more oil drilling and says renewables won't be ready for years. She also sued the Bush administration for listing polar bears as an endangered species—she was worried it would interfere with more oil drilling in Alaska.
From a MoveOn.org email
This is a joke, a huge "gotcha," right?
The Snarkster hopes so.
Also be aware that someone close to Sarah Palin may have been tampering with her Wikipedia article.
What Happens When You Put a Beauty Queen in Front of a Microphone
Post a Comment
So snark me!